Friday, April 30, 2010

Cheerleading

Last Saturday I had my first cheerleading call-out of the season. I coach cheerleading for the Home School Lions Football team. So far I have one girl returning from last year and five new girls. This is my second season to coach. Last year was my first year. I was a cheerleader for six years. The first three years I cheered for my church's basketball team. Then I cheered one year for the Lions basketball team. Through them I learned of the football team. I then cheered two years for football and Daniel also played football. I was the captain my senior year, that was also when my squad found out that our coach and her family would be moving to Texas. So in April last year I was asked to replace her as coach. I said yes and had a great first year. There were nine girls, one of them being the mascot. Two of the girls are seniors this year.

Tomorrow is the second call-out. We shall see if any new girls come and if any return from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment