Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Vacation, Part 1

On Saturday the 3rd my family and I headed down to Knoxville, Tennessee to spend Easter with my mom's side of the family. My grandparents had already been down there for a couple of days. My mom only has one sibling, a brother, who is about three and a half years younger than she. He is married and has five children; Elise (14), Zachary (12), Olivia (9), Joshua (6), Abigail (2).

Saturday evening almost all of the cousins played a game of kick ball with some of the neighborhood children. Then later we all went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. After that we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house to play around some more before Mom, Dad, Daniel and I went to our hotel.

Zachary looking thrilled about getting his picture taken. Not sure what Andrew was doing.

Abby, Elise, and Olivia.

Jessica joined us early Sunday morning. We went to Uncle Joe and Aunt Mindi's Church for the Easter service. Afterwards, we headed back to my Uncle's house for a big dinner. While it was cooking we took our Easter pictures.

Front row: Matthew, Rachel.
Back row: Andrew, Jessica, Me, Daniel, Mom, Dad.

All of the Lambdin grandchildren. Front row: Matthew, Olivia, Joshua, and Rahcel. Back row: Andrew, Jessica, Zachary, Abby, Elise, Daniel, and me.

After dinner all the grandchildren, minus Jessica, participated in the Amazing Easter Race that my grandma put together. On the red team was Rachel (next door neighbor), Joshua, Olivia, and Andrew. Blue team consisted of Zachary, Rachel, Jonah (next door neighbor, Rachel's younger brother), and me. On the Green team was Daniel, Elise, Abby, and Matthew. The Amazing Easter Race was based off of Amazing Race. Each team received their first team clue and inside their was a road block. My teams road block was to go to the back yard and count all of the beans in the container and then tell the number to my grandpa. We counted 267 beans. Then we had to do the detour. For the detours you have to pick who is going to do it before opening the envelope to read what you have to do for the detour. Zachary chose to do the detour. He had to look through the basket of plastic eggs next to the beans for an egg with a small blue dot. Once he found the dot he showed it grandpa and then we ran to the back patio to receive our next clue.


Matthew and Joshua

Another one of our roadblocks was that we had to go inside to the breakfast table and sit down and eat a hard boiled egg. Everyone had to do it and you had show your empty mouth to Aunt Mindi to prove the you completely ate it. You could not use salt. Then we had to do a detour. We had to pick two people who still had an appetite. That was Zachary and me. What we had to do was one person had feed baby food to the other person. Zachary immediately elected himself to feed the baby food to me. The baby food was Fruit Medley. I do not know how those babies like that food. It was gross. What made it worse is that Zachary was feeding me big spoonfuls really fast. But it was a fun experience.



Abigail and Rachel

My team (blue) got second place, the red team got first, while the green team got third. But that was partly because the green team had to wait twice on my team to finish a roadblock before they could then do that same roadblock and their first roadblock got messed up so they ended up doing more they were supposed to do.


Olivia, Abigail, and Rachel

Once we finished we played three games of kickball before dinner. Lots of fun. Monday at lunch time Grandma and Grandpa and my family went to Chick-fil-a for lunch then they left for home and we left for my Grandpa and Grandma Wallace in Columbia, Kentucky.




No comments:

Post a Comment